Our Primary Aims
The JLGB primary aims are to:
- enable Jewish young people to improve their personal and social skills
- give Jewish young people recognition for their achievements
- provide nationally accredited training programmes and award schemes
- empower Jewish young people to make a positive contribution to their local communities
- produce skilled youth leaders though the training and development of adult volunteers
- develop new approaches to meeting young people’s needs that can be shared and replicated
- create greater access to specialist youth provision that is most effectively delivered at a national level
- support young people to explore their Jewish identity and heritage through shared experience and activities
Achieving these aims will enrich the lives of young people and help them to become good citizens who can make a positive contribution to their own and the wider community.
- To make JLGB youth provision available in every UK Jewish community (and internationally where possible).
- To organise local, regional and national activities, events and camps at subsidised costs.
- To enable every eligible Jewish child, who wishes, to achieve their Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
- To empower young Jewish people through accredited leadership development, skills training and lifelong learning programmes to enhance their career development and employment potential.
- To establish regional music provision to teach young Jewish people to play musical instruments and to provide outlets for performance through civic and community events.
- To facilitate volunteering and citizenship opportunities through social action, intergenerational and inter-faith programmes.
- To recruit, develop and retain young and adult volunteers to inspire, train, coach and mentor young Jewish people to reach their potential.
- To create additional provision for children with special needs, as well as an increased JLGB welfare and bursary fund for disadvantaged families.
- To provide a social networking platform for alumni, as a source of skills, knowledge and contact for potential volunteer leaders, donors and legacy provision.
- To achieve sustainable funding and creation of an endowment fund so that our objectives are realised without total dependence on government or other grant funding.
Agreed by JLGB Council - May 2012